Now I know I said we would be making Beet Lip Gloss in the title of this post. But I lied. We’re all new friends here and I didn’t want you to think I was crazy. It’s cool though, I am a little crazy.
This is really Beet Everywhere Balm. Ok, so I know what you’re thinking. Isn’t that kind of the same thing? No! See, before I was recommending that you smear beets on your lips (totally lame). Now I’m recommending that you smear beets on your entire face (you rebel!).
Don’t ask questions. Just trust me on this.
I won’t bore you with the deets about beets, but I will say: Beets are a miracle skin food. If I was being totally melodramatic I would even bump it into anti-aging skin superfood territory. I am highly convinced that if you smear beets on your face for the next 20 years you’ll come out looking like Demi Moore*, only better.
And with winter on the horizon and the chilly fall air wreaking havoc on epidermi across the country, us ladies need all the help we can get.
So you with me? Let’s do this. Because, hey, if there’s ever a time to smear** beets on your face, it’s now.
(*I am not old enough to have tried this personally, this is just a melodramatic guesstimate of your future fabulous results.)
(**I really wanted to see how many times I could use the word smear in a single blog post. I win.)
Healing Beet Oil Everywhere Balm
1 small beet
¾ cup olive oil
1 tbsp shea butter
1 tbsp cocoa butter
Small container with lid
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Chop your beet into 1-inch pieces. Wrap in tin foil and bake for 35 minutes.
- Once removed from the oven and cooled, put beet and ¾ cup olive oil in a food processor and puree until you have a paste.
- Using cheese cloth, strain roughly 1 tsp olive oil into a small dish.
- Add shea butter and cocoa butter and then microwave everything for 30 seconds. Stir and microwave for another 30 seconds. Stir again making sure everything is mixed together.
- Pour into container and allow to cool.
- Smear away!