Bad news. You might totally love me or completely hate me for this one.
It’s a toss up.
And since the popularity of this post comes down to a few very personal preferences, let’s take a quiz:
- On a scale of 1 – 10 (with 10 being the highest), how much do you love coffee?
- Samoa cookies: love ‘em or leave ‘em?
- How badly do you want to fit into your swimsuit this summer?
- (Trick question!) What? who doesn’t love coffee?
- Duh, love ‘em.
- Not a chance in Hades that’s happening, so let’s do this.
If you got 2 out of 3 answers correct, or if you’re just highly intrigued by the thought of a coffee/Girl Scout Cookie mashup, then get thee to a blender stat.
This frappucino did a number on me.
A little number I like to call no-solid-food-all-day.
Or why-am-I-wide-awake-at-midnight. Or are-we-really-out-of-coffee-already.
Usually, I’m a coffee purist with nothing but a little honey and a dash of almond milk in my cup, but what can I say, the summer makes me frisky. Frisky for iced mochas topped with toasted coconut flakes, creamy caramel, fluffy coconut cream and maybe a sprinkling of shaved chocolate for dramatic effect. These make getting up in the morning worth it.
Thankfully these are “skinny” frappucinos, and by that I mean dairy-free, refined sugar-free, and gluten-free. So while they’re not calorie-free (don't worry, I'm working on it...), we will at least keep the damage to a minimum and you can join the liquid diet movement with me.
Skinny Samoa Cookie Frappucinos
1 c strong-brewed coffee, cooled
1 c almond milk
3 oz dark chocolate, melted
2 tsp raw honey
2 c ice
1 tbsp shredded coconut, toasted and separated into 1/2 tsp amounts
1/2 c canned coconut milk, whipped
1 tbsp caramel (you can use store-bought or try making this paleo caramel sauce which is amazing)
- Combine the coffee, almond milk, melted chocolate, honey, ice and 1/2 tsp coconut in a blender. Blend on high for 30 seconds or until all ice chunks have been completely broken up.
- Pour into 2 glasses. Top with coconut cream, caramel, remaining coconut flakes and chocolate shavings.